Change is essential in life.
Is the standard in all processes, biological, social and human. The abnormal would be “no change”.
The difference in today world is the multiplicity and rate of change…
…the accelerated change.
One of the effects of accelerated change is continually breaking myths and paradigms:
- What has always been valid, may no longer be
- Mind with the experience: it may be useful or not
- We value stability?
- Unlearning may be as important as learning
- Get it started again
Foundations for change. Critical Success Factors:
- Dissatisfaction with hot presente.Plataforma
- A vision of possible future
- Identify the “Gap” (where we vs. Where we go)
- A realistic plan of how to get there
- Benefits and Risks clear
- Communication and understanding. commitment
- Education and training
Barriers to change
- Attitudes = “past experience”
- Feelings = “hidden agendas”
- History = “always so”
- Fears = What will happen to me?
- Ignorance = What is the real purpose?
Innovation itself, is already changing. But a change requires:
1.- Explain the change
- What is change?.
- Multiplicity and rate of change
- Rationale for change. Vision and size of the “gap”
- Critical success factors
- Facilitators. Agents of change
- Change individual. Attitudes and reactions
- Barriers to Change
- How to manage change in organizations
- Michael Doyle
- “Managed Change Model”
- John P. Kotter
- The actual practice. Practical implementation methodology
3.- To implement the change. Phases and projects
- Evaluate, understand, mobilize, design, communicate, evaluate
- Education and training in all phases
- Phase of discovery. identification
- Preparation and assessment phase. Benefits and costs
- Planning phase. Project
- Design and implementation phase.
- Implementation and maintenance phase
4.- The education and training. Foundation for success
- Training in the “what” in the “why” and “how”
- External and internal training. Education in cascade.
- Education plan and by areas
- Training Programs